Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2020

On IOS 14, get the Personal Hotspot option

I moved to an IOS device recently and I noticed that there was no option to enable the Personal Options.
My device has been updated on 14.2.1 and still nothing.

The Apple Support provided this documentation but does not state the issue on IOS 14.
But it seems multiple users are impacted.

I just succeeded in unlocking the Personal Hotspot on my phone.

So to enable the Personal Hotspot (if it is missing) :
Go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network.
Scroll down and you will see the section "Personal Hotspot".

Just type a password in Password.
When you go back, you will see the Personal Hotspot appears.

Somehow, I feel like the system is waiting a password to be defined (initiate a salt in the system - unique string set by the user itself - Apple has no control on it), so the Personal Hotspot can be enabled.

No comments: