Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Google - access to job application information

In 2011, when I was a fresh young graduate, I did some interviews for a network engineer role in Dublin.

Obviously, I did not make it.

I found recently that Google has a data access policy for the candidates (you can find it here). So I sent a mail to see what data was available after so many years.

It turns out, they did found the information about me : CV, different applications, and interview feedback.

Although it is a bit creepy to keep those data after so much time (Is there no retention period for those information?) , I found that those feedback were interesting : you do not see the questions asked / the interviewer, but you have the answers I provided and the feedback of the interviewer to the question / to the interview.

And today, I can safely say, that my application for the same role would end probably with the same outcome : rejected.

Conclusion : HR/recruiters, if you can spent 5min to provide feedback, do it.

No comments: