Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Patent granted

In case you are not following me on LinkedIn, I guess you are not aware the patent application done on March 2021 has ended, and the patent has been granted officially on 31 January 2023.

The patent details can be found here.

As you will see the patent owner is Palo Alto Networks, as I disclosed my invention to my employer in their patent program.
The invention is directly something PAN-OS can benefit in order to secure communiations, and the technical issue addressed by the invention is addressed in the PAN-OS feature App-ID Cloud Engine.
(Disclaimer : I am not aware if Palo Alto Networks has or has not use the invention)

So how big achievement is it?
1- Before Palo Alto Networks decided or not to apply for a patent, you need to convince a Patent Committe of your invention, the challenge addressed by the invention.
I submitted few others ideas and they were rejected.

2- I am the first inventor (through the Patent Progam of the company) in APAC region.

3- I am also the first one working in Palo Alto Networks TAC.

No comments: